Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ribbit! by Rodrigo Folgueira (illustrated by Poly Bernatene)


There is a little pink pig sitting on a log, saying "Ribbit" of all things. What does he want? all the frogs are wondering. As the various forest animals debate the meaning of this strange event, the little pig waits there patiently, saying "Ribbit." Finally they must call in the wise old beetle to make sense of it all.

The book is--and I know I say this far too much--utterly charming. I especially love the expressions on the frogs' faces as they get more and more upset and confused by the ribbitting pig. So cute!

Keep reading for more pictures from the book and Magda's take!






Magda's Take: 
"It was pretty wonderful. I didn't like how the animals were all crying over the pig. But I liked how the old wild beetle sat on the table."




Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from Edelweiss (Above the Tree Line). I was asked to write an honest review, though not necessarily a favourable one. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.



You May Also Like:











No comments: