Monday, February 25, 2013

Candy Experiments, by Loralee Leavitt


Wow! This book is so exciting as I was reading it I wasn't even thinking, "Oh my daughter would like this" or "The kids in my class will like this" as much as I was thinking, "OMG CANDY! I WANT CANDY! I want to melt it and blow it up and separate the dyes and OMG CANDY!!"

Did you know that if dissolve Pixy Stix in water the water will get colder, but if you dissolve crushed Jolly Ranchers in water it will get warmer? Did you know you can make Peeps Hearts appear to beat? Did you know you can reshape candy canes into fun shapes by heating them? 


This book makes me want to be a science teacher on November 1st. What a great way to get kids to give up some of their Halloween candy! Unfortunately, this book isn't scheduled to be published until January 2013, so in the meantime I recommend checking out the author's website, www.CandyExperiments.com!

You May Also Like:








Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from the publisher from NetGalley. I was not obliged to write a favourable review, or even any review at all. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

No comments: