Monday, March 25, 2013

I Hate Picture Books! by Timothy Young


I Hate Picture Books!
Author/Illustrator: Timothy Young
Publisher: Schiffer
Publication Date: March 29, 2013
I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this book so here are ten awesome things about it: 
  1. It's funny (soooo cute!)
  2. It promotes a love of books (the character doesn't "hate picture books" after all)
  3. It's adorable (see #1)
  4. My whole family loved it (which means my daughter and her dad)
  5. It has fantastic illustrations, including tonnes of pictures of other picture books (and ones I didn't think were even famous)
  6. My daughter owns half the picture books featured in it, which made us all like this book even more (and made us feel smart)
  7. It's by Timothy Young, whom I've loved ever since Shadows on My Wall
  8. It dispels the idea that children "grow out of" their favourite books 
  9. It's all around awesome
  10. Oh and the author is having a contest! (keep reading for more details)
Do you recognize the picture books featured in the illustration below? If you have young children (or are a daycare teacher or children's librarian) I bet you do!


Magda's Take:
"I have that book! Look I got that book from the library! I know that book! He has the same book as me!"

In short, Timothy Young is awesome. Oh and here's one more reason to love him:

BONUS! Visit www.IHatePictureBooks.com to enter to win a Timothy Young collection and many other great prizes! Contest ends September 14, 2013.

Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from the publisher from NetGalley. I was not obliged to write a favourable review, or even any review at all. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.


You May Also Like:

Shadows on My Wall
Stripes of All Types

No comments: