Monday, March 18, 2013

Up Dog, by Hazel Hutchins (illustrated by Fanny)


Up Dog
Author: Hazel Hutchins
Illustrator: Fanny 
Publisher: Annick Press 
Publication Date: February 1, 2012 
I'm not sure if it's quite as clever as Up Cat, but it's still very, very cute. Like Up CatUp Dog is a day in the life of a pet using various plays on the word "up" (perk up, snuggle up, dig up, etc.). I also like the "up dog"'s cameo in Up Cat! Very young children are sure to be charmed by this messy pup and everything he gets "up" to. 

Okay, now can I make my "up dog" joke from The Office?

Jim: Does it smell like updog in here?Michael: What's updog?Jim: Not much. What's up with you?
Michael bursts out laughing and proceeds to imitate the joke to everyone else in the office, but manages to mess up the phrasing every single time, thus ruining the joke.

Yes, I admit it. Part of the reason I wanted to read this picture book for toddlers is because it reminded me of that scene from The Office that I liked. I'm not terribly mature.


You May Also Like:












Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from the publisher from NetGalley. I was not obliged to write a favourable review, or even any review at all. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

No comments: