Friday, May 3, 2013

The Mole Sisters and the Blue Egg, by Roslyn Schwartz


 

The Mole Sisters and the Blue Egg

Author: Roslyn Schwartz
Publisher: Open Road Integrated Media
Publication Date: June 26, 2012
(Originally published September 1, 2001, by Annick Press)
I'm not sure how I managed to spend ten years as a daycare teacher (and now three years as a mom) without having any Mole Sisters books. They're lovely! This one, originally published in 2001, has been published as an ebook by Open Road. I'm not sure what kinds of devices people typically read children's picture books on (iPads, I'm assuming?) but I read this on the desktop and it was very nice. But the pages have a lot of white space with just a small illustration in the middle and a little bit of text, which makes them visually appealing as a large paperback but may make them difficult to view on a smaller reader. Personally, I'd stick with the print edition. I mean, I prefer print to ebooks anyway, especially for children's books, but particularly in this case.


But definitely check out the book (in whichever form you choose). If you're not familiar with them, the Mole Sisters are amiable adventurers, unafraid to explore even the highest heights in the interest of "just seeing what they can see." Very adventurous indeed for subterranean creatures!

Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from the publisher from NetGalley. I was not obliged to write a favourable review, or even any review at all. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

RELATED POSTS:

Wild Rose's Weaving
Apples and Butterflies
Funny Frank

No comments: