Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cozy Classics: Les Misérables, by Jack and Holman Wang (and Victor Hugo)

Cozy Classics: Victor Hugo's Les Misérables
Authors: Jack and Holman Wang (and Victor Hugo)
Publisher: Smith Publicity
Publication Date: May 30, 2013
poor
I can't get enough of these Cozy Classics. I wish I knew how to make the adorable little felted dolls that Jack and Holman Wang use for the illustrations. I would play with them all day! Or, uh, I mean, I would give them to my daughter to play with. Yeah, that's it. 
sad
stroll
Les Misérables is one of my favourite classic novels, but I'm not sure I recognized the story just in the few pictures in this book. On the other hand, it's been a long time since I've read it so maybe I'm not remembering it all that well. Wasn't there prison and prostitution or something? Those aren't in the children's picture book version...obviously!


fire
I do love how the little felted dolls are so expressive, even though they just have thread for features. Check out how sad they look. Awwwww...


Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from the publisher from NetGalley. I was not obliged to write a favourable review, or even any review at all. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

RELATED POSTS:
Pride and Prejudice
Moby Dick
Topsy-Turvy Inside-Out Knit Toys

No comments: