Thursday, August 15, 2013

Crafty Creatures: Follow the steps to sew and knit the cutest critters, by Jane Bull

Crafty Creatures:
Follow the steps to sew and knit the cutest critters
Author: Jane Bull
Publisher: DK Adult
Publication Date: August 19, 2013
I liked this book but I really thought I'd like it more. The projects in it are all easy and cute, but most of them look more like decorative items than actual toys, so I'm not sure what I'd use them for. They're simply too cute (the word I'm looking for is "twee") for my taste, at least if they're just going to be sitting on a shelf or adorning a gift or something. I guess they could work as toys, but a lot of them are very small and two-dimensional (well, not REALLY two-dimensional, but nearly flat and only meant to be looked at from one side...you know what I mean) so I don't know if my daughter would play with them much. 



At the end of the day, the projects all look like exactly what the title promised they would be..."crafty." They look like overly cute arts and crafts projects. If you love them, you'll love the book. If you don't, you probably won't. I've included some illustrations from the book to help you decide for yourself.
 


  

Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from Edelweiss (Above the Tree Line). I was asked to write an honest review, though not necessarily a favourable one. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

RELATED POSTS:
All You Knit is Love
Creating Children's Artwork
Farmyard Knits
Knit Your Socks on Straight
Knitting Classic Style
The Homegrown Preschooler
Time to Create
Topsy-Turvy Inside-Out Knit Toys

No comments: