Monday, August 19, 2013

Knit Christmas Stockings: 19 Patterns for Stockings and Ornaments (2nd Edition), by Gwen W. Steege (ed.)


Knit Christmas Stockings:

19 Patterns for Stockings and Ornaments
(2nd Edition) 
Editor: Gwen W. Steege
Publisher: Storey Publishing
Publication Date: August 21, 2013
If you really love the look of knitted Christmas stockings, this is a good book for you. The patterns seem simple enough and there are lots of variations on the same basic pattern. But...well...that's about it. Most of the stockings in the book look pretty much the same to me. There aren't a lot of "outside the box" ideas for stockings (like there are in Knit Your Socks on Straight, for instance, which had tassels and buttons and everything), and the "and Ornaments" part of the title is a little misleading. There are hardly any ornament patterns in the book, which I found very disappointing as that was the part I was most looking forward to. I'm not sure how this compares to the first edition, but I found myself underwhelmed.


Disclaimer: I received a digital galley of this book free from the publisher from NetGalley. I was not obliged to write a favourable review, or even any review at all. The opinions expressed are strictly my own.

RELATED POSTS:

All You Knit is Love
Knit Your Socks on Straight
Farmyard Knits
Knitting Classic Style
Topsy-Turvy Inside-Out Knit Toys

No comments: