Tuesday, September 17, 2013

It's Time to Say Goodnight, by Harriet Ziefert (illustrated by Barroux)

It's Time to Say Good Night
Author: Harriet Ziefert
Illustrator: Barroux
Publisher: Blue Apple Books
Publication Date: September 10, 2013
Source: Edelweiss
View on Amazon



It's funny that the book is called "It's Time to Say Good Night" when most of it is about saying good morning. The little boy in the book spends his entire day saying good morning to everything.


Good morning to the sun, good morning to the hills, good morning to the cow, etc. In fact by the time he's finished saying good morning to every single thing and animal he sees, the day is done and it's time to say goodnight. Hopefully he get more accomplished the next day...


Magda's favourite part: I liked the cows and pigs and all the animals, but I didn't like that all he did was say good morning to everyone and then he had to go right back to bed. I wouldn't like that.


My favourite part: I like the folk-art type pictures and the fact that the child has to see everything before he's ready to settle into bed. But I agree with Magda. It's sort of weird that his whole day is spent saying good morning and then he has to go back to bed.




RELATED POSTS:

Daylight Moonlight
Pass It On!
Shadows on My Wall
What the Snakes Wrote
Good Night, Monkey Boy

No comments: