Monday, February 10, 2014

Heartfelt Letters From Santa (2-book set), by Veronica Steck

My Letters from Santa Through the Years
(Child's Book from Heartfelt Letters from Santa)
                           +
Heartfelt Letters from Santa To You
(Parent's Guide from Heartfelt Letters from Santa)

Author: Veronica Steck
Publisher: St. Nick's Publishing
Publication Date: October 13, 2013
Source: NetGalley

This book does not seem to be available on Amazon but you can visit the book's website for more information.


I'm sure Veronica Steck is a perfectly lovely person. In fact I'm sure her house is very neat and always smells like cookies. And I bet Christmas at the Stecks' house is AMAZING. Christmas carols and cookies and little personalized gift boxes that would make Martha Stewart herself develop a case of Pinterest-envy.

Which is exactly why she must be stopped.

Who is Veronica Steck, you may be asking yourself, and why has she upset me so? Well I'll tell you, she's the author of a new Christmas book set called Heartfelt Letters from Santa to You and My Letters from Santa Through the Years. The two-book set is a how-to guide for parents to emulate Veronica's Christmas tradition of writing personalized letters at Christmas to each of her children from Santa. Then she keeps them in a beautiful keepsake book so the kids can have them forever.

Ahem. Let me respond in the form of a gif:


I know, I know, you're probably thinking, "But wait! That's a lovely idea! I should do that! We all should!" If you are thinking that then you're already part of the problem. Stop raising the bar for Christmas, people! The bar is already too high--WAY too high. I can barely remember to help my kid write a letter TO Santa, let alone sit down and write one BACK to her. I'd do it once and then I'd forget and then my daughter would spend the whole year wondering why Santa isn't talking to her anymore. It's madness!

Of course, if you are one of those parents who is so organized that you can start new Christmas traditions all over the place, like "write letters from Santa" and "don't leave baskets of clean laundry next to the Christmas tree when you're taking pictures" (don't judge me--at least it's not dirty laundry) then have at it.

Just, whatever you do, don't let your child compare notes with my child (also, nobody tell my kid about Pinterest--she'll want me to start making things in mason jars for her next).

No comments: