Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Fish Named Glub, by Dan Bar-el (illustrated by Josee Bisaillon)


What a strange book. The book's description refers to the existential questions of a fish living in a bowl and, boy, they weren't kidding about that. So I was prepared for the "Who am I? What am I doing here?" questions the fish asks. What I was not prepared for was the sudden plot twist when the fish becomes some sort of psychic medium divining the futures of all who touch the water in his bowl.

I did not see that coming.


Magda's Take:
Why are people putting their hands in his bowl? That can be very stressful for a fish. What is going on in this book?


My Take:
I don't know. I don't know what is going on in this book. It's...quite strange.


Book Details:
A Fish Named Glub
Author: Dan Bar-el
Illustrator: Josee Bisaillon
Publisher: Kids Can Press
Publication Date: April 1, 2014
Source: NetGalley
View on Amazon


No comments: