Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Stuff Every College Student Should Know, by Blair Thornburgh

Fantastic! I thought it'd be silly or at least, well, quirky (considering it's published by Quirk Books, who you probably know from their Worst Case Scenario guides and amalgams of classic literature with zombies, sea creatures, and the like) but this was full of solid advice like:

--How to do laundry;
--How to cook in a microwave (I'm totally stealing that personal sized chocolate chip cookie recipe);
--How to ask your parents for money (do it in person and corner one parent rather than both);
--How to email a professor (no emoticons!).

I also like the small size. It's perfect for sending in a care package! (And graduation present season is just around the corner...)

Also, it's fun that their legal disclaimer (just copyright information basically) is called, "Stuff Every Lawyer Should Know."




BOOK DETAILS:
Stuff Every College Student Should Know
Author: Blair Thornburgh
Publisher: Quirk Books
Publication Date: March 25, 2014
View on Amazon

Source: publisher (thanks Eric from Quirk!)


OTHER QUIRK BOOKS:
my review
my review
my review
my review








No comments: