Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bearful Bear and His New Moves, by Anna Lee Everhart (illustrated by Marcie Ferron)

Bearful Bear and His New Moves
Author: Anna Lee Everhart
Illustrator: Marcie Ferron
Publisher: BQB Publishing
Publication Date: December 16, 2011
Source: NetGalley
View on Amazon




As I was reading this book with my four-year-old, I was thinking to myself that I probably wouldn't give it a very good review. The rhymes are trite and forced. The art is busy and yet looks unfinished. The whole thing is...well...mediocre. But as I was thinking all of that I noticed something. Magda was up on her feet, mimicking the actions of "Bearful Bear" as he romped, danced, galloped, etc. She was having a blast pretending to be Bearful Bear.


So that's definitely a ringing endorsement, at least from Magda. I may still be unimpressed, but the book's target audience--my four-year-old daughter--felt very differently!

No comments: