Friday, July 18, 2014

Even Monsters..., by A.J. Smith

I think he needs to check his facts...

This cute book for toddlers and preschoolers claims that even roaring, growling, snarling monsters have to do regular kid things like eat breakfast, ride the school bus, play soccer and get goodnight kisses. I'm not sure how A.J. Smith could possibly know that. I'M STARTING TO THINK HE MADE THE WHOLE THING UP.

This book also has a QR code that takes you to the author's website (well, the book's website, I guess), www.evenmonsters.com. I haven't checked it out yet, but I'm imagining it's like one of those magazines with the "Celebrities Are Just Like You" sections, showing famous people pumping their own gas or eating french fries, except it'll be drawings of monsters with captions like, "They do math problems!" or "They sit in the time out chair!" 

UPDATE: Nope, I just checked. It's not. But the "Who is AJ Smith?" section does have pictures of famous celebrity duos with one person's face blurred out and A.J. Smith's face crudely drawn in its place.

BOOK DETAILS:
Even Monsters...
Author/Illustrator: A.J. Smith
Publisher: Sourcebooks Jabberwocky
Publication Date: April 1, 2014
View on Amazon

Source: NetGalley

EvenMonsters.com

Inside Even Monsters...:
 



No comments: